1. The Role Of The Industrial Computer Chassis
The use environment of the industrial computer chassis is generally harsh, high temperature, low temperature, high humidity, long-term uninterrupted operation, and places with more gray noise. Therefore, the protection requirements for the industrial computer chassis are very high. The industrial control main board is mainly divided into two parts, the base plate + CPU card form. The current industrial computer chassis can be divided into three categories, one is the mainstream embedded industrial computer chassis, the other is the horizontal chassis, and the other is the wall-mounted chassis. The industrial computer chassis has the advantages of anti-extrusion, anti-corrosion, dust-proof, anti-vibration and anti-radiation. So what are the functions of the industrial computer chassis?
- 1. The conductivity of the chassis of the industrial computer: Whether the material of the chassis is conductive is a very important factor related to the safety of the computer accessories in the chassis. If the selected shell material is non-conductive, the generated static electricity cannot be conducted to the ground through the bottom shell of the shell, which will cause serious burns of the hard disk and board in the shell. Now the material of the chassis is generally steel, and how to deal with the steel plate is the key to the internal structure of the chassis. The first is that we use galvanized sheets, in this case the conductivity is very good; the second, only sprayed with anti-corrosion paint, and even some steel plates only sprayed with ordinary paint, the conductivity is poor. In fact, it’s very simple. Just put the measuring needles of the meter on both sides of the chassis. If the indicator needles in the meter do not move, it means that the chassis is not conductive and directly coat the steel plate.
- 2. The thermal conductivity of the industrial computer chassis: the rationality of the heat dissipation structure is an important factor related to the stable operation of the industrial computer. High temperature is the killer of electronic products. Too high temperature will cause system instability and accelerate the aging of parts. With the continuous improvement of the CPU frequency of industrial computers, the widespread use of high-speed hard drives and the frequent replacement of high-performance boards, the heat dissipation problem in the chassis has attracted more and more attention. So far, the most effective chassis cooling solution is to use an interactive cooling channel structure: the external cold air of the front chassis is sucked into the chassis from the 120mm high-speed ball fan vents on both sides of the hard disk chassis and then from the chassis, north and south. The bridge chip, various boards, and the north bridge finally reached the vicinity of the CPU. After passing the CPU radiator, a part of the hot air exits the chassis from the fan outlet at the rear of the two 80mm chassis high-speed domes, and the other passes through a part of the fan box of the industrial computer power supply. . The case fan adopts a spherical fan, which has the advantages of large air volume, high speed, low heat generation, long life, low noise, avoiding excessive noise, and truly achieving “green” heat dissipation.
- 3. The shock resistance of the industrial computer chassis: The industrial computer chassis will vibrate when there are multiple fans at high speed due to the chassis drive and the hard disk inside. The vibration can easily cause the disc read error and the hard disk track to be damaged or even lost. Data, so the chassis is also one of the key structural design schemes of our chassis anti-vibration. Taking into account the internal requirements of the enclosure, such as corrosion resistance, electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity, our enclosure damping system is all made of metal materials, which can not only meet the above requirements, but also play a role in anti-aging and heat resistance. Our damping system solutions have been well received by customers at home and abroad.
- 4. Electromagnetic shielding of industrial control cabinet: Many people now know the damage of electromagnetic radiation to the human body, so everyone will try to choose a relatively small electromagnetic radiation of liquid crystal display when buying a display. Motherboards, industrial computer CPUs, industrial computer memory, and various motherboards will generate a large amount of electromagnetic radiation, which will cause certain harm to the human body if it is not prevented. At this point, this case has become an important weapon against electromagnetic radiation and protects our health. A good shielding box can also effectively block external radiation interference to ensure that the internal accessories of the computer are not affected by external radiation.
- 5. In order to increase the heat dissipation effect of the industrial control cabinet, holes should be opened in the necessary parts of the cabinet, including the side plate holes of the cabinet, the air inlet hole of the exhaust fan and the exhaust hole of the exhaust fan, so the shape of the hole must conform to the prevention of radiation Technical requirements. The holes on the chassis should be as small as possible, and round holes as strong as possible should be used to block radiation.
2. Industrial computer chassis size
It is generally a 19-inch standard rack, 4U height, and the specified width (48.26cm = 19 inches) and height (multiples of 4.445cm). Because the width is 19 inches, the rack that meets this requirement is sometimes called a “19-inch rack.” The basic unit of thickness is 4.445cm. 1U is 4.445cm, and 2U is 8.89cm twice as much as 1U. In other words, the so-called “1U PC server” is a product that meets EIA specifications and has a thickness of 4.445cm. Products designed to fit into a 19-inch cabinet are generally called rack servers. Now the commonly used chassis is 4u chassis, and the size is generally fixed at 177mm(H)*482.6mm(W)*452mm(D).
3.Which type of industrial computer chassis is good
The chassis of general industrial computer (with or without fan, industrial control chassis, multi-serial industrial control computer, silent industrial control computer click to understand) are all made of steel structure, which is relatively strong and compressive, and can protect industrial control well in harsh environments. The internal structure of the machine, and the use of a fully steel industrial chassis that meets the ELA standard, enhances the ability to resist electromagnetic interference and enables the industrial computer to work better.
Passive base plate compatible with the PC bus can be installed inside, with a filter screen and EMI shrapnel damping, CPU card layering and reinforced layering device, which can still operate reliably in an environment with high mechanical vibration, and is equipped with a dust filter to reduce dust Invade.
Industrial computer chassis are designed according to international computer rejection standards, so that the plane size is basically uniform, and the equipment can be installed together in a large vertical standard cabinet. This way, on the one hand, the equipment can occupy the smallest space, and on the other hand, it is convenient. Connect and manage with other equipment, and at the same time the computer room will look neat and beautiful.
Link to this article :The Comparison Of Industrial Computer Chassis Types